Friday, May 28, 2010

Walk/Run

The kid's have been in a Walk/Run club at school. They came home super excited a couple months ago and asked me to sign them and myself up. I told them i could not do it with the little boy's. It's a commitment to go 8;00 in the morning or at noon, and do a walk from .5 km and up. And at the end they get to do a mini marathon and get a tee shirt if they don't miss a day or if they missed a day they got to make it up.
So after I told the kid's i could not do it They said "no problem mom, We'll ask Grandma, she'll do it" So i called and pre-warned mom But really they were right, she would no say no. So Mom being such a trooper agreed to be in the club with the kid's.
Photobucket
So every Monday, Wednesday and Thursday they walked at lunch in a big group. The kid's loved that Mom did it with them. Paris' goal was to always beat B and Mom but Brody walked with Mom everyday, He even held mom's hand the whole time. It was a pain for Mom to get up there in the middle of the day but the kid's sure appreciated it.
Photobucket
Today was there final Mini Marathon. The kid's were excited! I went up and snapped a couple pictures of them before the race. I'm so proud of them for sticking to it and not missing a day (except when they were at Auntie Missy's) but those were made up. It was so fun to see them so proud of themselves. When i saw all those kid's running across the street it got me a little choked up to see that many kid's and how much work went into organizing this for my kids. As much as i swore i would never move back here. I'm glad we chose to come back, I love that the kid's can be involved in things like this and the freedom they have to come and go to school on there own and well all the good things that come with small town.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment