Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Poor Blog

My poor blog is suffering from my business.  We've been busy at this house with Canning, Photo shoots,  School, Craft nights,  Craft sales,  R.S. The list goes on and on.  Anyway  it's been busy but I'm determined to keep up the blog a bit better. 

So like i said we've been canning like crazy,  We did peaches this year all by ourselves,  Every Jar sealed and it was awesome working with Brad,  We got 41 quarts done.  We (Brad) also did Pickles which he did out of cucumbers he grew in the garden.  He also went over to his mom's and Bottled 42 quarts of Salsa.  Yummmy!

I've been crazy busy doing pictures for people,  I really do love doing it but I've been really busy doing it along with a craft sale i did a week ago and craft day coming up,  along with my R.S. calling I've been crammed.

But in the midst of all our business, I made time for a trip.  I've been so excited to go and Brad's such a good sport about letting me go and taking care of the kiddies.

So my big trip was all the way to Kallispell with our quilt group.  I feel pretty special to be let into this elite group of quilters.  A few of us including Mom decided to head down late afternoon Thursday and catch the train in east glacier.  I was telling Alisynn that we were catching the train,  She asked why..... I said Because we can.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Anyway we did that And Karen Picked us up in Whitefish. So when Karen invited us to go she said we were going to a cabin,  we figured we would be roughing it a bit,  not so much.  We arrived at beautiful House.  The only think wrong with it......................It was full of dead Heads!  I would hate to arrive there with all the lights off.  This house was  a home of a hunter that had been Lot's of places and killed Lot's of animals and stuffed Lot's of there heads.  It was interesting but made me even less sold on the whole hunting thing.  Not my thing,  Also glass eye's and hairy faces staring at me..... not my idea of decor but to each there own eh!  We met the owners and they were wonderful people,  They were so kind to let us stay.

This is some of the house............................

Photobucket
Don't Touch!!

Karen Was warned by her husband........"don't let the ladies touch any Animals" Karen told him " we don't touch that stuff just fabric" but you can't imagine how hard it was to not touch them.
So the whole joke was........DON'T TOUCH.

Anyway this is us not touching anything
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

This was the little guest house that some of the ladies stayed at.
Photobucket

So the whole reason we came to kallispel is for the quilt show.  We got up Friday morning and waited for the rest of the group to come and then we took off to the show,  All 10 of us.  We found Lot's of inspiration.  These were my favorites..................

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We had so much fun,  It was kinda crazy at a fabric store with 10 other quilting ladies and then to make it extra crazy we were followed everywhere by a huge bus full of quilters.  Wow!

Here we are discussing what we purchased
Photobucket

And finally. Our haul... We stuffed everything in, This years consensus was that next year we take a extra vehicle.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Long story short we had so much fun. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment