Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Knox Merrigan Wolsey

I'm using this Blog as a journal since I'm so bad at real ones I'm printing off my entries and putting them in a book, That's why some are more in depth then other's so excuse this post it's about having Knox. Mind you i have not gone into that much detail which i do if you ask me in person. I say the more exciting you make it the better the story is eh!

Well it's been 2 week's since Knox was born and I'm finally getting around to write about it. Life's been so busy with other things going on. It seems like he popped out and life went on so quickly that we haven't had tonnes of time to just enjoy him.

He was born on July 14th. I started having contractions early in the morning but they were far apart and not super strong and after having a false alarm 2 week's earlier i was a little hesitant to say anything. Brad went to work and I stayed in bed. Mom called and asked how things were going so i told her, She got nervous just because with the other's things happened so fast. But i kept putting it off just to make sure it was real.

So finally about 3 in the afternoon we (as in mom and me) went to the hospital to get checked out. The dr. came and said it was for real so we got all checked in and Brad came home from work to the hospital. Thing's were going but not super fast so we walked and all the of the sudden the contractions were a minute apart and Ouch! By then i was really regretting my previous decision to not have the epidural. In Raymond they don't do them and i had though "oh crap i can do it with out". Well i did do it with out but i would have got one or i would have taken anything by the end of it. I was feeling myself loosing control and i expressed my concerns to Brad, I told him i thought i was getting quite unpleasant. Of course he said no I was not. Which was a great answer considering the position i was in at the time. So finally about 20 min to 11pm it was time to push, Which was totally foreign to me since i only have to push once with B and i had a epidural the other's just popped out. Wow so the Dr. gave me a quick lesson in pushing and boy do i feel for the women to have to push for more then 15min i can't imagine. But it happened he finally was born at 11:00.

It was worth the pain, he's a sweet little baby, He sleeps and eats and poop's and all in all he is a content baby.

I've been feeling pretty good for just giving birth. I've had a little trouble with my hemoglobin. When i had my false alarm my hemoglobin was down to 110 (suppose to be 140-160) and my heart rate was up over 100 which it should be 60ish So dr. Steed was a bit considered. After having Knox i lost a lot more blood then usual on account of my satellite placenta (yes you read that right, and it's as weird as it sounds). Anyway they took my blood after and it was down to 87 so Dr. steed sent me in a few day's after to check it again and it was up to 101 so it's slowly going up but mean while i have a lack of energy. But all thing considered with having 4 kids and trying to keep up I'm doing pretty good.


This is Knox's Birth announcement
a few pictures of Knox



This is how Blaze is taking the lack of attention.......

5 comments:

  1. Awww..poor Blazer....tell him Auntie mimi still thinks he's number one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll let him know! Hey i misspelled somthing on Knox announcement out of anyone i thought you would call me on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! He is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of Knox! Announcements were cute!

    Brent

    ReplyDelete